As the year comes to an end, I thought I would share my favourite books of this year.
This list was very hard to narrow down as I have been lucky enough to read some amazing books. I have only chosen books that I give a 5 star review, as this was one of the only way I could reduce the list.
I have split the list into books/ series I have read for the first time this year, and new books in existing series that I have already been reading.
Favourite New Book and Series
- Flashfall By Jenny Moyer
- Heartless by Marissa Meyer
- The Witchland Series (Truthwitch & Windwitch) by Susan Dennard
- Artemis by Andy Weir
- Frostblood Saga (Frostblood & Fireblood) by Elly Blake
- The Bone Season Series (The Bone Season, The Mime Order & The Song Rising) by Samantha Shannon.
- The Loneliest Girl in the Universe by Lauren James
- Nyxia by Scott Reintgen
- Invictus by Ryan Graudin
- Even the Darkest Stars by Heather Fawcett
- This Mortal Coil by Emily Suvada
- The Last Namsara by Kristen Ciccarelli
I have realised this year that I have enjoyed more books that take place in space, as well as dystopian books.
My favourite existing author/ book series.
- The Trouble with the Twelfth Grave by Darynda Jones
- Edge of Darkness by Karen Rose
- Secrets in Death by J.D Robb
- Archangel’s Heart by Nalini Singh
- The Caller by Chris Carter
- A Court of Wings and Ruin by Sarah .J, Maas
- The Quiet Man by James Carol
Karen Rose, Darynda Jones, J.D Robb and Sarah .J, Maas had more than one book that came out this year. I loved all their book but made the hard decision just to pick one of each to go on my list.
This year I have enjoyed finding new books/series to become enthralled by. With the help of YALC, Book Box Club, Fairyloot and Illumicrate I have been introduced to so many great books and authors and I thank them for that.
Thank you to all the authors that take time to write books and invite us to the world that they create.
Thanks for reading
Have a Happy New Year !